I absolutely cannot believe that it is already New Year’s Eve!! I’ve been writing in my journal about all of my goals for 2019 for months and now it’s actually upon us. I don’t know if I am sad to see 2018, and all of it’s ups and downs, finally behind me or if I’m feeling overwhelmed that 2019 is now finally here and so now I have to start putting in the work toward all of my new goals. Maybe it’s a little bit of both.
I am someone who believes in baby steps so my goals are never “let’s take over the world” but more “let’s make some really positive change” and for the new year I am feeling especially ambitious.
As I mentioned, I have been anticipating the count down for months now so the following list of my goals/resolutions is condensed to just my top 10 most pressing list items.
Share some of your top goals and resolutions in the comments below! We can use this space to hold each other accountable.
So here’s my list:
- I want to continue to grow our readership on the blog and continue reaching new and fabulous womxn of all backgrounds to engage with our content and hopefully to contribute content as well.
- I want to finally launch the She Zine Boutique with super rad feminist gear created by womxn from around North America. This is a goal that I have been working toward for a long time and I am really hoping that I can see it come to fruition early in 2019.
- I want to launch courses on the blog. This is something that I have been working towards for a long time. It is an exceptional amount of work to created a course with valuable content in it and I fear that my perfectionist attitude is keeping me from calling the course complete. I hope to get over my fears and send my first courses live as soon as possible.
- I want to continue working toward completing my first novel. It is largely a memoire compiled of old journal entries going back to my late teenage years. It has been a goal for many a decade and one that I hope I can realize in 2019.
- I would like to work in the bar industry again. I have been self employed for the last 10 years, however prior to that, I was a bartender for 15 years. It is something that I loved and that I believe I was pretty good at. I miss the social aspect of that work and so I have decided to return to that line of work.
- I would like to start going on coffee dates with my boyfriend to discuss how our lives are going at least once a week. We hang out all the time, but I don’t think that we ever give ourselves the opportunity to really talk with each other and catch up.
- I would like to start making more of my clothes. I very rarely buy anything new off the rack, but I still think that I spend too much on clothes that I barely even wear. I think that if I was manufacturing my own clothes, I would have a deeper appreciation of what’s in my closet.
- I want to continue making progress on my fitness journey. I want to continue taking my dogs on our aerobic walks and I want to continue practicing Pilates as often as I can.. even on the days when I’m just not feeling it.
- I want to become better and more active in the kitchen. I really enjoy cooking and baking and I actually collect cookbooks so I would like to actually do the work and make some delicious meals and treats in the kitchen for friends and family.
- I want to be more gentle with myself. I want to not be so hard on myself when I don’t live up to my potential on any given day. I want to forgive myself when I make mistakes. I want to be my own cheerleader, instead of always looking outward for encouragement. I want to be kind to myself if I don’t realize all of my New Year’s goals and resolutions.
So, that’s my top ten. I could probably give you a top 50, but I think that’s a little excessive. It is so easy to overwhelm yourself as the year’s odometer clicks over because who doesn’t want to improve upon the previous year, but I think you have to be realistic with your goals.
If you knock all of your goals out of the park and go on to set the world on fire, then that’s just gravy. Set yourself achievable goals that don’t make you weak in the knees.
I hope you all enjoy a safe and happy New Year and I look forward to seeing you in 2019!!